Monday 4 July 2011

Corindi to Bargara

An update for the past couple of days...

The bike was put back together just in time to leave on the 2nd, after delaying a day from when I had told everyone I was leaving of course. It now has power in one of the pelican cases and a plastic headlight guard, and semi-working indicators (mostly the work of my dad though). I packed quickly on Saturday morning, then waved goodbye to the family and left Corindi within 15 minutes of the intended departure time of 11:15am.

I stopped at Maclean and Woodburn to get a Pot Bellied Pie that my brother and Anita recommended. But they had both sold out for the day by the time I got there. I stopped in at Byron Bay for another look (and confirmed I don't really like it) and found another Pot Bellied Pie shop, Success!

That night I stayed with June and Trevor in Ormeau. I used to work with June when I was at Waterwerks. We went to the local pub and I had a drink of XXXX Bitter, which I think I could drink more of. Thanks to June and Trevor for letting me stay and mess up their place!

The next morning I headed into West End to to have a second breakfast with Sarah at the Gun Shop Cafe. The food was good, but there was a lineup, and we did get rained on, slightly. We did score half a table for 6 with another 2 people waiting in line when we joined forces though! I missed out dropping in on a lot of other people in Brisbane cause of delays with servicing the bike. But I'll be back. Eventually. If I want another job in IT in *.au then it will probably be in Brisbane, it seems nicer there now (and it's warm).

After that it was a trip on the freeway/motorway up to my Auntys place in Nambour where I drank a lot of their grog! Thanks to my Aunty and Andy for letting me mess up their place too! And I briefly saw my cousin Jamie who was just leaving to head back into Brisbane again!

And now today. IT'S FINALLY WARM. So warm that I posted all my warm woolen layers back to Melbourne! They can stay there until next year now! I left Nambour late this morning intending to get to Agnes Waters, but by the time I got into Bundaberg (and completed the obligatory distillery visit) it was 5pm, which is sunset in these parts. I headed out to Bagara to get a motel room just meters away from the pub... Which is just out there <--- ... I should really go over there to see what they've got.

Some pictures/video:
My peeps
It rained on me just near Byron Bay
The promised land!
Plowing my brothers driveway, it was quite slippery:
Another view (Fixed the video):

2 comments:

  1. Love the update RYRY! And the pics are cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't missing much in Dandenong, it's cold!

    ReplyDelete